Note: this method requires some basic knowledge of transferring files using FTP / SFTP or Cpanel/filemanager.
- First, download the theme installable zip file that was attached with the email.
- If you are using cpanel/file manager, goto wp-content/themes/ folder and there upload the zip file and extract and replace the existing writer-blog-pro folder.
- If you are using FTP / SFTP then first extract the zip file in your local machine and then goto wp-content/themes/ folder in your FTP / SFTP client and replace the writer-blog-pro folder with the newly extracted folder.
Make sure you make a backup of files and database in advance, just in case!
- This method requires a file manager plugin. Goto Plugins->Add new and search ‘Advanced File Manager‘. This plugin was developed by modalweb. Install and activate the plugin.
- After activating the plugin, click on File manager tab on your left panel and from there, goto wp-content/themes/ folder and upload the theme zip file and extract and replace the writer-blog-pro folder with the newly extracted writer-blog-pro folder.
If you still have any issues updating the theme, send us an email to email@example.com and we will help you to update your theme.